Join Today
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1024
    10277411_10202788634862575_4616261597978444610_n.jpg

Long Story Short, my year audi had bad ballasts that cause the Xenon's to flicker after about 6 months and go bad. Instead of needing to take it in or remove the bumper to change the bulb I decided to send them out to just get fixed. The guy that does it also installs LED and does a real clean job. I figured why not and did it too.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    my new ride

****I have the same ZTR but in a 48" instead of the 42" in the photo deck*****
    Last edited by Cage; 09-02-2014 at 10:48 AM.

You starting a lawn business?

Oh nice. I was just talking about one of those. I watched this kid mow a lawn in like 3 minutes. Looks like he was doing 50 lol.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    You starting a lawn business?
    i wouldnt call it a lawn business . . . but ive acquired an account. The owner has 3 properties. One is on a 5 acre lot w/ just over 2.5 acres of actual grass, and two rental homes within 5 minutes that is just under a 1/4 acre and hes paying 1500/mo. to cut, trim, and edge once week or twice a month in the mild winters. not that Florida actually has winters . . .

So for me, thats about 18k extra a year for just over 8hrs of work a month.

I havent decided if its something i want to pursue full time. . . ill see how it goes just starting out slow ya know.
    Last edited by Cage; 09-01-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Oh nice. I was just talking about one of those. I watched this kid mow a lawn in like 3 minutes. Looks like he was doing 50 lol.
    I live on a half acre lot and just mowed the entire thing in about 20 minutes. and spent another 10-15 minutes trimming, edging and blowing.

Usually takes me about and hour and a half with my old self propelled haha. If your a property owner and dont have one. . its a great investment. And the right machine will last you 20-30 years easy with proper maintenance (if just using it to cut your own lawn)

god damn ! 1500 to mow all that......we gives messicans down here 20-50 and its all done ! but then again theres a lawn service around every corner

Yeah that sounds like a lot of money. Good for you though. You cut grass in the winter? That just sounds so strange.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Yeah that sounds like a lot of money. Good for you though. You cut grass in the winter? That just sounds so strange.
    in florida we dont really have a winter season. Its considered cold here when it dips under 60 degrees.

on the rare occasions it gets down to 40 or 30, its still not cold enough to kill off the grass

In the fall, trees will loose all their leaves. Even though the grass dont grow in height much for those couple months, most people just want you to put mulching blades on and chop up the leaves so they dont have to rake and bag them all.

Im not sure how lawn companies survive up north in harsh winters. Thats a good chunk of the year not making any money. the "winter" is awesome for lawn service in Florida because you go from cutting a lawn once a week down to twice or once a month and lose no money on your contract.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by boofthese View Post
    god damn ! 1500 to mow all that......we gives messicans down here 20-50 and its all done ! but then again theres a lawn service around every corner
    in my area, you dont see many mexicans cutting residential property. but the bigger lawn companies that have the man-power to land the bigger commercial contracts for county and businesses are pretty much all Mexicans.

Thats pretty interesting. For the most part there are no lawn companies here. It's mostly a seasonal trade that's done by students or seasonal operations that have larger commercial contracts. Snow removal is a much bigger business, usually handled by excavation companies that don't excavate in the winter and by small seasonal snow removal companies. There are lots of lawn care companies that specialize in weed control.

Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
    i wouldnt call it a lawn business . . . but ive acquired an account. The owner has 3 properties. One is on a 5 acre lot w/ just over 2.5 acres of actual grass, and two rental homes within 5 minutes that is just under a 1/4 acre and hes paying 1500/mo. to cut, trim, and edge once week or twice a month in the mild winters. not that Florida actually has winters . . .

So for me, thats about 18k extra a year for just over 8hrs of work a month.

I havent decided if its something i want to pursue full time. . . ill see how it goes just starting out slow ya know.
    When my Dad lived in Vegas he started fixing drip systems and doing basic yard work; in Vegas most yards are just rock. After about 3 years he had over 100 customers, most he only spent a couple hours a month on. I thought about working with him, but I would hate to live in Vegas and working in the summer months is not fun; not that Phoenix is any better.

Anyway, my Dad caught heat stroke last summer and ended up calling it quits and moved to Florida to retire. So you never know, it might work out for ya, just don't get heat stroke.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by 91integrs View Post
    When my Dad lived in Vegas he started fixing drip systems and doing basic yard work; in Vegas most yards are just rock. After about 3 years he had over 100 customers, most he only spent a couple hours a month on. I thought about working with him, but I would hate to live in Vegas and working in the summer months is not fun; not that Phoenix is any better.

Anyway, my Dad caught heat stroke last summer and ended up calling it quits and moved to Florida to retire. So you never know, it might work out for ya, just don't get heat stroke.
    what i have found is that accounts come fast.

I started off with one account. . then i picked up 2, then two more, and just today. . . 2 more

So im up to 7 accounts in 2 weeks and between them all, there is 11 different properties im cutting. 1500/mo for the doctor - 725.00/mo for my other properties

I bought a trailer for 600.00. spent another 600.00 on edgers and trimmers, and another 500.00 on a walk behind mower. . . which will all be paid off in no time.

the down side. I still have a full time job and all my spare time is going into lawns. I have to tell myself at some point not to take more accounts on, but you get greedy and simply dont want to turn down accounts haha

Buy some messicans and a old beat up truck....pay them per yard they complete while still making profit

Fucker! They're sold out herefor weeks lol. Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    10277411_10202788634862575_4616261597978444610_n.jpg

Long Story Short, my year audi had bad ballasts that cause the Xenon's to flicker after about 6 months and go bad. Instead of needing to take it in or remove the bumper to change the bulb I decided to send them out to just get fixed. The guy that does it also installs LED and does a real clean job. I figured why not and did it too.
    ricer

lol. Hidz

Supercharger for my minibike.

Last edited by Monte; 11-07-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    -Chris
    '88 Monte Carlo SS T/T
    '10 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by PiZzO View Post
    ricer
    always