Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thats Mr. Cage to you

2014 Mustang Concept Art. . .

I have never been a huge fan of Mustangs. . but if it looks anything like this. . ill be all over that shit

Discuss

I'd be interested in a convertible version.

Don't even fuck with the Mustang until 2015.

Looks hot though.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post
    Don't even fuck with the Mustang until 2015.
    Why? It will probably be a hybrid by then lol

that looks fantastic. Tobad the interior will be shit

If the rumors about Ford’s next Mustang prove to be true, Carroll Shelby will probably be turning over in his grave.

Rumblings from enthusiast forum Mustangs Daily suggest that there is, in fact, a force-fed four cylinder on tap for the 2015 Mustang. As you may already know, everything you read on the internet is completely reliable. Keeping that in mind, Ford’s next muscle car will come with a 2.3-liter EcoBoost enigne packing an impressive 310 hp.

The forum member guilty of stirring the pot claims to be part of the market research study for the upcoming car. If any of that is true, it holds significant implications for the future of budget performance cars. Ford hopes to move the Mustang from an American flag waver’s delight to something more globally marketable.

That will mean ditching the car’s live rear axle and, possibly, offering a more fuel efficient engine. The unit in question this time is said to return up to 34 mpg.

For perspective, that figure comes nail-bitingly close to touching the same power Shelby’s 428 cubic-inch Cobra Jet V8 made in 1968.
    Stealth, why you so dumb? the mustang has the best interior out of all the pony cars.. what are you smoking?
    AKA Enigma

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    that looks fantastic. Tobad the interior will be shit
    This is sadly true.

Unless you pony up $8 grand for the upgraded interior package in the new GTs, it's barebones.

I liked my Challenger's interior 10x better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
    Why? It will probably be a hybrid by then lol
    IRS *****.

In the US, the non-GT models are likely to get a turbocharged Ecoboost 4cyl. Probably around the 310hp area getting 30-35 MPG. The GT will keep the 5.0 and get a small power bump. They put a shitload of time and money into the Coyote and they aren't getting rid of it. They learned from their mistakes in the 80s.

Not sure what their plans are for the Shelby. Maybe a turbocharged V8?

Also, nobody outside of Ford knows what the new gen Mustangs are going to look like. All these blogs and websites with "renderings" are complete bullshit guesses.

If I were to guess, this one would be the most probable:

People are banking WAY too heavily on the Evos styling. It's not going to look close to that.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    im not banking on the evo styling, but of all the concept drawings i seen, i think ford should take the concept i posted and run with it. . . shit looks dope

IRS and Ford's interiors have come a long way in a short amount of time. Same can't be said for the other American brands. That said, I own an Audi...

Spy shooters got a look under the hood of a 2015 Ford Mustang, and the photos reveal two important pieces of information about the next-generation car. First, it appears the 2015 Ford Mustang will continue to use car’s 5.0-liter V-8 engine, and second, the new car may have a narrower, more curved front end than the current car’s squared-off snout.

The engine in this test car looks identical to the 5.0-liter V-8 that powers the Mustang GT, as evidenced by the intermeshed intake runners and black “Powered by Ford” cylinder-head covers. It’s too early to say whether the engine will receive any upgrades for the next-generation Mustang; the 5.0-liter V-8 currently produces 420 hp and 390 lb-ft of torque in the Mustang GT, while a tuned version in the Boss 302 offers 444 hp and 380 lb-ft.

Even if the 5.0-liter stays in place, Ford will need a base engine for the new Mustang. There’s a possibility the standard 3.7-liter V-6 will stay in place, but other reports suggest Ford may introduce a 2.3-liter turbo-four engine either as an option or to replace the base V-6. The forced-induction engine would not only be more powerful than the current Mustang’s base V-6, with about 320 to 350 hp, but it also should be significantly more fuel efficient.

Another important clue to the design of the new Mustang is the way in which the front of the engine bay tapers toward the center. Whereas the current car and its engine bay have a squared-off front end with almost 90-degree angles at the front corners of the engine bay, the frame rails on this prototype curve inward behind the headlights, and a plastic shroud betrays a front radiator support that makes a continues curve along the front end of the car. That likely signals that the 2015 Ford Mustang will have a rounded front fascia, marking a dramatic styling departure.

Ford engineers have previously told us the new car will adopt the company’s so-called Kinetic 2.0 styling language that is seen on new Ford cars like the 2013 Fusion. That means rounded, curving shapes instead of straight lines. The new Fusion demonstrates a rounded nose with taillights that are mounted at an angle at the edges of the car, and that design direction will likely carry over to the Mustang. Seeing curved, tapering frame rails in this Mustang prototype lends even more credence to suggestions the new car will be styled like the dramatic, swoopy Ford Evos concept that was revealed at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show.

A more cramped engine compartment also could pose problems for the massive 5.8-liter supercharged V-8 used in the current Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. Either Ford will use a gigantic shoehorn to fit the big blown engine into the new car’s engine bay, or future high-performance Mustangs must adopt physically smaller (and smaller-displacement) mills.

We’ve already featured prototypes of the 2015 Ford Mustang dressed up as 2013 cars, but closer inspection has revealed the ill-fitting bodywork and awkward proportions of a test car. We also got a look beneath the rear of the new Mustang and learned that it will, as was long rumored, finally ditch its live-axle setup in favor of an independent rear suspension. That will probably be a version of the “Control Blade” arrangement Ford already uses in Australia for the Falcon sedan.

The 2015 Ford Mustang is expected to make its public debut at the 2014 New York auto show. The timing would be fitting, as it would mark the 50th anniversary of the first Mustang’s introduction at the 1964 New York show. Ford also has announced that it will officially sell the next Mustang in Europe; pony-car fans on the Continent currently pay onerous import fees and taxes to bring a Mustang to their shores.
    AKA Enigma

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    its . . . close to the rendering

so glad they ditched the live axle

i think it would look better with the rear panel lines rounded out a tad bit more

the rear is straight from a 2013, its just a test mule with the new front end.. they could still make significant changes.. I didnt post the rear shots because it was all chopped up with a sawsall LOL.
    AKA Enigma

Test mule, throw new shit on the current platform, see how it works.

shelby gt500 with IRS is gunna be a badass car for sure.
    They do have some good IRS set ups already, the one in the expedition feels phenomenal.
    AKA Enigma

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTheWell View Post
    Test mule, throw new shit on the current platform, see how it works.
    This.

That's not the new Mustang. Shit had a Focus interior.

it is just the newest front end joined with the IRS on a test mule.
    i never said it was the new car.. there is zip ties holding shit on ffs
    AKA Enigma

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    it is just the newest front end joined with the IRS on a test mule.
    i never said it was the new car.. there is zip ties holding shit on ffs
    zip ties = new ricer mod now

Those engine specs are insane. Its just too bad that the thing ways so god damn much with all the safety and emissions BS that it has. The only good thing I see about this is that the more vehicles they stick that 5.0 v8 in, the easier it will be to get my hands on a motor for an engine swap.

The thing actually weighs more than my buddy's 1985 lincoln town car. -_-