Join Today
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Men's Life Tip thread.

Feel free to add your own life tips for the manly fuckheads here.

Here's some simple shit

1. Buy a suit. If you can afford it, go with two. Grey and Black/Dark blue.

2. Learn how to cook

3. For fucks sake, learn how to change a set of brakes or at least your oil.

4. Never shave your ass.

5. Yellow gold bond on the balls. Not blue.

6. Dry your razor after shaving. It'll make it last months longer. For bonus points, take an old pair of jeans and cut a strip big enough to run a razor across. Run it backwards against the strip. You'll buy a pack or razors every year at most.

7. Cologne should be discovered, not advertised. It also doesn't replace a shower.

8. Exfoliate your face. It's not gay. It's fucking wonderful.

9. If you're going to be slamming booze and eating nuclear wings, eat some bananas. It'll help with the lava shits the next day.

10. Always keep $50 cash on you or in your car or something. Never know when you'll need it and you forgot your wallet.

11. You should have a tool set. A quality one. It doesn't have to be a 1,000 piece. They'll last forever.

#5 for show!

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    #5 for show!
    fa sho
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: hate u dan
    zedron: HA, Fuck you Dan

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.

Subscribe to at least one newspaper. You never want to end up on "Jaywalking" with Jay Leno.

learn me on number 5. i've used blue before......::shrugs::

gold bond on your balls??? am i younger than you guys?
    or is it for the sticking to your legs?
    AKA Enigma

I disagree with the suit, until the once every 2 years when i need one.
    im not wearing anything other than jeans, i dont care who died.

also drying the razor is epic win.. shit i spray razor knives ive used with wd40 just to make them tick another day.
    mach3 razor (1 blade) for 6 months..well to be fair i only shave once a year
    Last edited by Reaper; 10-31-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    AKA Enigma

Controversial, but
    12. Think with your brain, not your wang.
    AKA Enigma

I'll add a couple...

-Learn how to negotiate. I'm not saying that you should nickel and dime people or haggle over meaningless bullshit, but it's important to realize when you have leverage, choice, and power in a situation, and when it can be used to your advantage. There are many situations where this can be a big help: discussing salary, buying a house/car, dealing with creditors, etc.

-Always be ready to host a small group of people unexpectedly. Not for a big dinner or anything like that -- just always keep your place reasonably tidy and have a few drinks around. This maybe sounds like one better suited to women, but it's usually the bachelors that fall short on this one.

-Another point on suiting: own and maintain a decent pair of dress shoes. People wearing unpolished, rubbery-looking, square-toed dress shoes don't get taken seriously.

Nhlfan is wise beyond his years.

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    I'll add a couple...

-Learn how to negotiate. I'm not saying that you should nickel and dime people or haggle over meaningless bullshit, but it's important to realize when you have leverage, choice, and power in a situation, and when it can be used to your advantage. There are many situations where this can be a big help: discussing salary, buying a house/car, dealing with creditors, etc.

-Always be ready to host a small group of people unexpectedly. Not for a big dinner or anything like that -- just always keep your place reasonably tidy and have a few drinks around. This maybe sounds like one better suited to women, but it's usually the bachelors that fall short on this one.

-Another point on suiting: own and maintain a decent pair of dress shoes. People wearing unpolished, rubbery-looking, square-toed dress shoes don't get taken seriously.

I was going to bring up shoes as well.

Nothing looks worse than wearing a decent suit and a pair of shoes that looks like you bought them for $20 at Walmart.

Although I disagree with the square-toed remark. I love the way my Cole Haan's look :(. Shouldn't be your only pair though. A nice $150 pair of oxfords will do for all your suiting up needs.

Also, going along with the suit theme.

Find a tailor. You can make a $400 suit look like a $4,000 suit with some adjustments. You'll look like shit if you're wearing a baggy ass fucking zoot suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post
    I was going to bring up shoes as well.

Nothing looks worse than wearing a decent suit and a pair of shoes that looks like you bought them for $20 at Walmart.

Although I disagree with the square-toed remark. I love the way my Cole Haan's look :(. Shouldn't be your only pair though. A nice $150 pair of oxfords will do for all your suiting up needs.

Also, going along with the suit theme.

Find a tailor. You can make a $400 suit look like a $4,000 suit with some adjustments. You'll look like shit if you're wearing a baggy ass fucking zoot suit.
    True. This aint the 1920's, alcohol is allowed, you dont have a tommy gun, and your not a gangster.

shave in the shower (purchase a shower mirror) saves time and no clean up needed.

Never pull out. You never know which kid is gonna grow up to be an NFL player.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Spec View Post
    Never pull out. You never know which kid is gonna grow up to be an NFL player.
    lmfao!
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    shave in the shower (purchase a shower mirror) saves time and no clean up needed.
    Truth.
    The artist formerly known as poweredbyhonda17

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    I've been doing this with a cheap fogless mirror. But it always fogs! What's a good one?

I grabbed a ace one off amazon, you fill it with hot water, works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegler View Post
    I've been doing this with a cheap fogless mirror. But it always fogs! What's a good one?
    Mine too, this works for me, rub your fingers on a bar of soap and then rub them on the mirror, put on a good layer, then just give it a quick spray of water and it's fog free, at least long enough to shave.