Join Today
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Here's a real tip:

Know your booze. Learn what types of wines go best with the certain dishes, same with beers. Learn the differences between vodka, gin, whisk(e)ys and popular cordials. You're a man, not a college student. Drink something better than plastic bottled booze. Know how to make popular cocktails and KEEP ALL THE STUFF HANDY (goes back to NHL's point.)

Know how to decorate. Sounds faggy right? It's all faggy until you get a lady friend to come back to your place and it looks like an oversized prison cell. Make the place good for a woman to come over (better yet, have a good woman friend help you decorate it). It doesn't have to be fresh cut flowers and lace duvet covers, but it should be comfortable enough to have someone stay the night and not feel like they got arrested.

My sex life should start in May. Then searing will keep the steaks juices in.

Hey Siegler, they found a cure for a womans libido.

It's called wedding cake.

did they find a cure for the immediate transformation that starts the day after?

No, but they found the cause.

Wedding Cake.

Be handy... Know how to at least change out a new light fixture or fan, patch a whole in the wall, just basic fix shit around the house.

At the same time know when your skills stop and when to call a repair man.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

My Skills never stop! oops..
    AKA Enigma

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    My Skills never stop! oops..
    haha i felt that way with the stove when a burner stopped working...replaced a bunch of stuff and couldnt figure it out. called up the repair guy and he looked at it for $50 and found out since it was a simmer select burner it had a circuit board...he told me what was wrong i told him thanks, ordered the part and fixed myself. saved lke $250. WIN.

unless you have a warranty, eff that i call the repair person for every little thing hahaha.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post
    RR's Ok Steak Guide
    Alternately you can preheat your oven to 400 degrees while you are getting your cast iron skillet nice and hot on the range. Cook the steak for 30 seconds on both sides then immediately throw the entire skillet into your 400 degree oven for like 3 minutes. Measure meat temp and adjust time as needed.

The result should be a more evenly cooked steak than continuously manhandling it like some kind of savage.
    aka - Annihilia

do you guys not use an outside grill of some sort for steak??? i dont think i have ever cooked a steak inside

Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt View Post
    do you guys not use an outside grill of some sort for steak??? i dont think i have ever cooked a steak inside
    Different flavor on the grill. Plus you don't get the drippings that you can go and pour back on the steak after you plate it.
    aka - Annihilia

Quote Originally Posted by Das Kapitalist View Post
    Alternately you can preheat your oven to 400 degrees while you are getting your cast iron skillet nice and hot on the range. Cook the steak for 30 seconds on both sides then immediately throw the entire skillet into your 400 degree oven for like 3 minutes. Measure meat temp and adjust time as needed.

The result should be a more evenly cooked steak than continuously manhandling it like some kind of savage.
    Maybe if the cook has the coordination of a retarded gorilla on mushrooms. I use tongs and it took me around 5 minutes to cook a perfect med-rare Ribeye in my skillet. Nothing was "manhandled". If you manage to fuck your steak up by flipping it every 30 seconds or so, you should stick to pudding and TV dinners.

The science backs the continuous flip method. Not the "flip once" method.

There's no real difference between using the oven or the stove if you're a half decent cook. I guess you can use that three minutes when the steak is in the oven to suck a few dicks instead of basting your steak with butter like a hetero.

Here's my advice.

Grab some wood or coal charcoal.

Get a chimeny.

Light said coal.

Wait till flames die down.

Throw steak on grill.

Wait 5 min.

Flip.

Wait 5 min.

Take off grill and eat.

Do no use a fork, or CUT the god damn steak to check to see if it's ready. It's ready.

You'll have a nice crispy crust with a warm/hot pink center and it will taste 1000x then it cooked in a women's oven.

I would not waste money on a steak for it to be bastardized in a oven. I'm sorry but that's a waste of a perfectly good piece of meat.

A lot of people use the oven/skillet method. It's not a bad one and if you are decent cook, it will come out perfect.

I prefer the stove so I have easy access to the meat to base it and check the temps. I just don't feel like dealing with the oven if I don't have to.

Fire Grilled > oven in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post
    Maybe if the cook has the coordination of a retarded gorilla on mushrooms. I use tongs and it took me around 5 minutes to cook a perfect med-rare Ribeye in my skillet. Nothing was "manhandled". If you manage to fuck your steak up by flipping it every 30 seconds or so, you should stick to pudding and TV dinners.

The science backs the continuous flip method. Not the "flip once" method.

There's no real difference between using the oven or the stove if you're a half decent cook. I guess you can use that three minutes when the steak is in the oven to suck a few dicks instead of basting your steak with butter like a hetero.
    There is a difference. If you're dealing with a cut that's over 1.75" thick, there's a greater chance of charring the surface before the meat gets cooked. For thicker cuts, the stove to oven method is a lot more consistent. As for applying butter, you do that before you throw it into the oven.
    aka - Annihilia

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    I would not waste money on a steak for it to be bastardized in a oven. I'm sorry but that's a waste of a perfectly good piece of meat.
    You've got to be kidding. The whole thing isn't done in the oven like a roast; the oven part is to get the temps up in the middle. The crusting comes from searing on the stove first.
    aka - Annihilia

I'm actually thinking of putting in a grill in my kitchen when we redo it. The things cost over $2000 w. a decent vent hood.