Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

iPhone 5 release day photos

i came into this world naked screaming and covered in someone elses blood. i plan to leave the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Siegler - orgies may be random but they are never senseless

lmfao!!!
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

hahhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa i may have to steal this ;)

"The iPhone 5's smaller connector renders current accessories unusable without a $30 adapter, which only works with audio devies. A separate adapter is available for video."

bahahhahahhaahahahah and the assrape of Apple's zombie consumer base continues. Just what I wanted to do, worry about carrying around adapters so I can connect my phone to things!!

I don't know about the audio/video part but I can't believe how much I'm hearing about the friggin adapter, many phone companies have used different charging adapters at one point throughout their models, not all the blackberry chargers work on all the blackberry phones, just nobody mentions it, if the htc model changes adapters, nobody would give it a second thought, nobody cares.
    Its worth noting that Apple has used the same adapter from the start, it works with all generations of iphones as well as ipods and ipads, and that's just what I know of. They probably have more shit that runs off of it. If anything, up until now, they're probably one of the most if not the most universal in this way. Eventually they were going to improve/change adapters at some point. As for the cost of the adapter, give it 3 months, you'll probably be getting a pack of them for a few bucks off ebay.
    Last edited by Harry; 09-21-2012 at 02:36 PM.

^ since the past 3 years, every phone and some cameras all use the same mini usb.
    I have 3 plugged in at my house, if anyone needs one it always fits, unless they have an iphone of course.
    from top of the line samsung to blackberry to cheap ass cricket.
    Last edited by Reaper; 09-22-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    AKA Enigma

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I don't know about the audio/video part but I can't believe how much I'm hearing about the friggin adapter, many phone companies have used different charging adapters at one point throughout their models, not all the blackberry chargers work on all the blackberry phones, just nobody mentions it, if the htc model changes adapters, nobody would give it a second thought, nobody cares.
    Its worth noting that Apple has used the same adapter from the start, it works with all generations of iphones as well as ipods and ipads, and that's just what I know of. They probably have more shit that runs off of it. If anything, up until now, they're probably one of the most if not the most universal in this way. Eventually they were going to improve/change adapters at some point. As for the cost of the adapter, give it 3 months, you'll probably be getting a pack of them for a few bucks off ebay.
    connector yes, different charger for iphone/ipod vs ipad (different output voltage).

also, most other phones other than apple have run on either mini or micro usb... thats multiple companies.

im glad my former work was blackberry, i can still use the adapters/chargers on my skyrocket
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: hate u dan
    zedron: HA, Fuck you Dan

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.

Right, and what I said is at some point along the model line most companies have made a change, even if its to a different USB or a charger altogether, just like apple did now, in the older cellphone days it was the norm, change phones, change adapters, change car plugs, I have a box full. Nobody ever said shit. Nowadays they all tend to use one of 2 or 3 USB's, which is good, but lets at least be fair, apple doesn't have a history of changing adapters, yes they have their own but it's been the same one for like a friggin decade, and its powered all of their things, from phones to iPads to iPods of all generations. They made "one" change, after all this time and people are hysterical. This is not a pro apple thing, it's common sense.

Right, and what I said is at some point along the model line most companies have made a change, even if its to a different USB or a charger altogether, just like apple did now, in the older cellphone days it was the norm, change phones, change adapters, change car plugs, I have a box full. Nobody ever said shit. Nowadays they all tend to use one of 2 or 3 USB's, which is good, but lets at least be fair, apple doesn't have a history of changing adapters, yes they have their own but it's been the same one for like a friggin decade, and its powered all of their things, from phones to iPads to iPods of all generations. They made "one" change, after all this time and people are hysterical. This is not a pro apple thing, it's common sense.
    Yeah, existing owners are gonna have a fit because they bought all the extra cables for their previous devices which are now useless. If you're going to buy the adapter you might as well just buy a new set of cables if you don't have to support legacy devices because Apple charges a lot for them. Most manufacturers agreed to standardize on MicroUSB from 2012 onwards, but Apple refused to comply. I would assume they make a lot of money from accessory sales so it's in their best interest to stray away from standardizing.
    aka B18C5er

Yup, pretty much all that needs to be said on that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_YYZ View Post
    Yeah, existing owners are gonna have a fit because they bought all the extra cables for their previous devices which are now useless. If you're going to buy the adapter you might as well just buy a new set of cables if you don't have to support legacy devices because Apple charges a lot for them. Most manufacturers agreed to standardize on MicroUSB from 2012 onwards, but Apple refused to comply. I would assume they make a lot of money from accessory sales so it's in their best interest to stray away from standardizing.
    it's all gonna get aftermarketed anyway, just like it is now. I had gone into the apple store and couldn't believe the mark up on their shit, you can get plugs just about anywhere for half the price, which is what i did.

it's all gonna get aftermarketed anyway, just like it is now. I had gone into the apple store and couldn't believe the mark up on their shit, you can get plugs just about anywhere for half the price, which is what i did.
    Yeah, I tell people to go to monoprice for their cable needs. Get them for like a dollar or two.
    aka B18C5er

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_YYZ View Post

Pretty much all that needs to be said about Apple as a company

they ahve had the same connector for almost 10 years

they created a better connector thats smaller and more reliable and people complain. lol

If they were changing it they should have went to micro US​B since they were for the support of standardizing one plug.

Fuck Apple for not just using the god damn industry standard.

Everyday I curse Apple before using my wonderful proprietary Macbook Air.

Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    If they were changing it they should have went to micro US​B since they were for the support of standardizing one plug.
    I actually prefer apples plug, you don't have to see which way the connector is facing to put it in. It can go either way, which is nice when trying to plug shit in at night. It also has less stuff to go wrong with it as it's a solid piece. It's nice having all the same plug though, i will admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    I actually prefer apples plug, you don't have to see which way the connector is facing to put it in. It can go either way, which is nice when trying to plug shit in at night. It also has less stuff to go wrong with it as it's a solid piece. It's nice having all the same plug though, i will admit that.
    Are you talking about the new plug or old? I am assuming its the new because the old can only go in one way.

Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    Are you talking about the new plug or old? I am assuming its the new because the old can only go in one way.
    yes the new one

The new connector is nice, as long as you don't need the video out for your car or anything.