Join Today

Thread: Car Insurance?

Car Insurance?

Who are you insured with?

Pros/Cons?

Allstate.

Everyone is going to have different experiences with insurance companies. The rates vary as fuck.

When I moved to SC, Nationwide wanted to charge me out the ass for insurance. The quote from Allstate I got was like $150 cheaper per month.

My recommendation would be to get a quote for each one and see which gives you the cheapest rate for the amount of coverage you want.

agreed i play the whole insurance switcharoo game ALLL the time. i randomly call different companies and get quotes, if they provide the same coverage for less, i switch.

i was with with Farmers and switched to progressive because they saved me a ton of money when i bought the vette. then last year switched back to farmers when they quoted me better coverage for about 50 a month less.

ive only had to make a claim with Progressive in getting the vette repaired, no questions asked they spit up 10 grand for the repairs...shrug.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

state farm - family and myself been with them since forever. No one has been able to touch the rate they've given me, even in dirty jersey.

USAA

Do not plan on changing.
    The artist formerly known as boosted_sileighty

Quote Originally Posted by Name View Post
    USAA

Do not plan on changing.
    This

State Farm.. the rates cannot be beat
    AKA Enigma

just switched to esurance 2 months ago.

Progressive has good rates, just don't file a claim with them. When the rims got stolen off my integra, the claim adjuster that came out was a complete retard. He wanted me to put my stock wheels on my car and call it a day. Well half the car was on it's rotors and the other half was held up by a rock. They wouldn't pay for the car to be towed, because it wasn't physically moved. I spent hours on phone with them untill they agreed to tow the car; which ended up being 3 days later.

The shop they took it to was even bigger retards. I'm taking about liking gbugs from the widow sill retarded. They said my car was ready, so I went to pick it up and they didn't put my old wheels on the car, but they had 4 seperate spare tires. They then told me I couldn't take the car becuase the wheels were not mine. About 2 hours later and almost a fist fight with the manager I got my car with the right wheels on it.

Overall, Flo is annoying, Their claims department is run by retards and they deal with half ass shops that do not know their head from their ass. Go with All State.

Quote Originally Posted by 91integrs View Post
    Progressive has good rates, just don't file a claim with them. When the rims got stolen off my integra, the claim adjuster that came out was a complete retard. He wanted me to put my stock wheels on my car and call it a day. Well half the car was on it's rotors and the other half was held up by a rock. They wouldn't pay for the car to be towed, because it wasn't physically moved. I spent hours on phone with them untill they agreed to tow the car; which ended up being 3 days later.

The shop they took it to was even bigger retards. I'm taking about liking gbugs from the widow sill retarded. They said my car was ready, so I went to pick it up and they didn't put my old wheels on the car, but they had 4 seperate spare tires. They then told me I couldn't take the car becuase the wheels were not mine. About 2 hours later and almost a fist fight with the manager I got my car with the right wheels on it.

Overall, Flo is annoying, Their claims department is run by retards and they deal with half ass shops that do not know their head from their ass. Go with All State.
    dude i didnt have a single issue when i had the claim with the vette. they let me choose the shop (which i choose a retarded one so my fault, they had nothing but Porches and Ferrari's in the lot so i thought theyd be good) the clutch blew in the process so they looked at it for an hour then sent it to the dealer for a new clutch and bell housing, almost 5 grand never put up a fight, then sent back to the body shop. the ONLY grip they gave me was since the exhaust was scratched and slightly bent, they called and offered to waive my 500 delectable to leave the exhaust since it was $1500 for stock exhaust, i said put a $1200 Borla system on there...they agreed. a few weeks later i got my car back.

they didnt pay for the tow but i never asked them to and it was only 40-50 bucks since i knew the guy. the ONLY issue i had was i had to buy the Borla exhaust for 1200 since it was after market and submit the receipt, they mailed me a check i put it in my account and thought i had money in there in that one account, they recalled it and i was emptied and over drew and what not. they resubmitted and it was fine.

i was pretty satisfied with my claim.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

139/month
    Full Coverage w/ Gap
    Deduct = 500

Gieco.

Remember, rates can change big time depending on a ton of different shit, so this thread is fucking retarded.

Jeep/House- Travelers
    Bike- Progressive

I tried to switch car insurances and then the homeowners insurance went up massively because I lost the multi policy discount. Now I pay for travelers, even though it would be cheaper for just car insurance elsewhere. With the car and house, it's cheaper overall.
    The artist formerly known as poweredbyhonda17

yea, my house + car insurance is a lot cheaper then having to different companies, however, i guess I should see some other places.

I had Geico for about 6 years or so but towards the end of our business relationship, they started raising my premium at a fairly good clip. I switched over to state farm and cant be happier. Great service, great price.

Subaru- Max Coverage/ 500 deduct
    Eagle Talon- Liability
    L1 GSXR600- Max Coverage/ 500 deduct
    House- Id have to look at this again for coverage

Total= 190$ a month.

I am paying 90$ for both my old ass civic and my 77 datsun. Both have awesome coverage, glass replacement (god I hope the datun's windshield breaks) road side assist... etc etc etc

State Farm - The agent is such a friendly fucking guy, it blew me away. We went to a cheesecake tasting together!

Quote Originally Posted by ISPKI View Post
    I am paying 90$ for both my old ass civic and my 77 datsun. Both have awesome coverage, glass replacement (god I hope the datun's windshield breaks) road side assist... etc etc etc

State Farm - The agent is such a friendly fucking guy, it blew me away. We went to a cheesecake tasting together!
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan -- Daily
    1999 Honda Civic Si -- 6165 powered/H2B
    2008 Chevy Silverado -- Toy Hauler

94 Integra - Full coverage - No deduct
    2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 Diesel - Full coverage - No deduct
    Wifes 2010 Civic EX Sedan - Full coverage - No deduct

250/500/100 for BIL/PDP
    250/500 stacked for uninsured motorist
    $0 deduct for PIP w/ extended wage loss including relatives
    $10000 for medical payments
    Rental car - $50/day, 1500 max
    Roadside assistance

$210/mo and has been going down 1-2$ a month every year the past 3 years. Wife even got a speeding ticket and rates didnt change.

Been with USAA for 10 years. They handle my auto insurance, checking, savings, IRAs, Brokerage accts, and Flood insurance. Would give them by homeowners but they are no longer underwriting policies in Florida for the time being.