Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NYC Soda ban

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    The FUCKING NERVE, to take a lunch that a PARENT has packed for their child, and to say "No, you aren't eating that". What's next? Will they randomly walk into my house at night and see what I'm feeding them then? Check the bedtime I give them?

There is encouragement, and then there is force. Back the fuck off.
    we have this stuff going on here too

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1278803.html

the lunch story is pretty insane! i can understand where they are going with it, and sure dont supply that type of stuff, but to go over and say she cant eat it over what that parents want???? thats just insane!
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Example. My daughter started pre-kindergarten last week, she is 3. My wife packs a lunch for her, of which part of that lunch consists of cookies with a chocolate coating. My daughter has a bit of a digestive problem and gets backed up very easily, so we have special digestive bran cookies that we give her that help her, the chocolate part is just there to encourage them to eat it. Some times we also send her with bran wholewheat bread with some nutella in it. Well we noticed she was coming home sometimes without having touched these items in her lunch, so my wife asked her why, and she said her teacher told her she wasn't allowed to eat them. WAT (Steam out the ears)
    My wife phoned the school and spoke with the v-principal only to find out that yes, the teacher told her she can't eat this because "we try to instill healthy eating habits to the children". My wife told her, yes, that's lovely, but they don't HAVE to do as you say and she is going to eat what we give her.
    "oh, okay, well I guess I'm going to have to look into it".

The FUCKING NERVE, to take a lunch that a PARENT has packed for their child, and to say "No, you aren't eating that". What's next? Will they randomly walk into my house at night and see what I'm feeding them then? Check the bedtime I give them?

There is encouragement, and then there is force. Back the fuck off.
    This is becoming more common in Ontario schools for some reason. I've heard a few more stories from a teacher friend of mine who has witnessed other teachers tell some children they couldn't eat their lunch because it wasn't deemed "healthy" by the teacher. In one instance the teacher told the child to just drink water instead of eat lunch. I raged hard when I heard that. I agree it is up to the parents to provide a balanced lunch and not just stick them with leftover McD's or KFC from the night before everyday or a pack of twinkies as a main source of food, but the teachers have no right to tell a child not to eat their food unless it's poison or something.
    aka B18C5er

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_YYZ View Post
    This is becoming more common in Ontario schools for some reason. I've heard a few more stories from a teacher friend of mine who has witnessed other teachers tell some children they couldn't eat their lunch because it wasn't deemed "healthy" by the teacher. In one instance the teacher told the child to just drink water instead of eat lunch. I raged hard when I heard that. I agree it is up to the parents to provide a balanced lunch and not just stick them with leftover McD's or KFC from the night before everyday or a pack of twinkies as a main source of food, but the teachers have no right to tell a child not to eat their food unless it's poison or something.
    there was this story either out of ontario or VC, that a fob filipino kid was bullied by teachers and students cause he ate with his hands... why cant people just leave others alone if it doesnt have anything to do with themselves or puts them in any sort of danger
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: hate u dan
    zedron: HA, Fuck you Dan

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.