Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Whats up with Godaddy? so many sites are down right now.
    AKA Enigma

Quote Originally Posted by Naloxone View Post
    your background for your website looks like it came from geocities circa 1998, too.

is that font in comic sans or something similar?
    This.

I had an instant memory of a website I had in 1998 with a shitty background (back then it was the shit). loose that background and use white background with light colored touches on borders and buttons.

"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." -Bullet Tooth Tony

The site looks terrible. Also, you're using basic autozone supplies. Have a look at REAL mobile detailing guys that charge upwards of 400-500 to detail a car. It looks like you're just driving around with some soap and a mitt, walking into businesses and begging people to let you wash their cars in the parking lot. Check out this guy's website:

http://www.trushinedetailing.com/

He is an avid user on honda-tech and does great work. For just a wash and wax/sealant, he charges $180.00. That is a true mobile detailing site. The way your setup now, you'll be washing shit boxes for pennies on the dollar. If you really know what you're doing, then step it up.
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan -- Daily
    1999 Honda Civic Si -- 6165 powered/H2B
    2008 Chevy Silverado -- Toy Hauler

FAQ's and product recommendations: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2415763

^ I will check it all out, thanks man. although it seems that guy only cleans high end cars.. there arent very many around here, and noone is willing to spend that kind of money.. At least i havent seen anyone like that.
    3hours for $180 is pretty close to what im already charging. I mean wash and wax only shouldnt take 3 hours.
    Im trying to get the business set up for the surrounding area, no way i would drive 3 hours to wash less than 6 cars.

I will fix the website, i dont even like it. but without pictures its hard to make an appearance. I just can't drop $300 on a camera at the moment.
    AKA Enigma

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    ^ I will check it all out, thanks man. although it seems that guy only cleans high end cars.. there arent very many around here, and noone is willing to spend that kind of money.. At least i havent seen anyone like that.
    3hours for $180 is pretty close to what im already charging. I mean wash and wax only shouldnt take 3 hours.
    Im trying to get the business set up for the surrounding area, no way i would drive 3 hours to wash less than 6 cars.

I will fix the website, i dont even like it. but without pictures its hard to make an appearance. I just can't drop $300 on a camera at the moment.
    Post an ad on craigslist for someone to come out and take pictures for you?

^ probably a better idea than trying to get a friend to come out and help.

Also i was looking over that other guys website.. Ryan, you said it looked like i showed up with soap and a mitt? That guys website says the customer has to supply the garden hose along with water supply.. really? the hose? he cant spend 15 bucks and pack one in that big ass van? Fk i take my own water, pressure washer, and generator.. I dont need shit, i can wash your car in the middle of the desert.
    AKA Enigma

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post

You don't need to spend $300 on a camera to place a few pictures of your work on a website. If your interested, I have an old point and shoot Canon digital I can sell you real cheap. I haven't used it in a few years. It's not the greatest, but ut does the job. Below is an example of a picture I took with it a few years ago.

Hell, you can take decent pictures with a Iphone 4.

and an iphone 4 cost how much for marginal pictures? considering i dont need a new phone
    AKA Enigma

I PREFER DROID PHOTOS MYSELF.

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: hate u dan
    zedron: HA, Fuck you Dan

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.

I use a pretty decent camera to take pics of my cars and it usually makes them look cleaner then they are in person... no idea why but has saved me a lot of time cleaning them

/lazy
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport

fk it, ill just photoshop them clean
    AKA Enigma

you're getting warmer.

Thanks man. Now that i feel the website is close enough, i will be sending out advertisement and try to get this thing going.
    AKA Enigma