Join Today

Question Anyone Got an Older Monitor They Don't need?

I'm looking for a used LCD monitor at least 19" and gotta be flat screen--but doesn't matter if it's wide or not. Not looking to pay that much basically I was wondering if anyone had something lying around that they either don't want, don't use, or are just looking to get rid of. I'd prefer the unit to be in tact and in okay shape like no big gouges in the screen or something terrible. Some little dings or scratches on the bezel or stand is fine and the screen doesn't have to be mint. Brand/color doesn't really matter either as long as the thing works. I just need something for my shop and I have cables and stuff already. Let me know!
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport

Actually I do. I have one thats i think 21in. I was going to put it on ebay but ended up not doing it cause im a lazy asshoe.
    It's a pretty good monitor, only stopped using it cause i wanted a 24in.

I'm thinking you give me a good pricing on that fancy card you got and mybe we could work something out.

i have a few but they arent 19s, they are smaller. sorry i have a 15 lol
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

hmm i mean it's possible I'd settle for a slightly smaller screen but that's kinda tiny lol... i had two 19" but one of them shit the bed so I chucked it a few weeks ago...

and sorry dan, I actually installed the 7970 last weekend so i'm using it at the moment. it replaced a 1GB 5870, which is still a good card, but sort of irrelevant now. spent an extra 60 bucks on active mini-dp adapters to use the eyefinity so this video setup basically cost me around $370. works great for the most part no issue w the drivers but since i'm using the one DVI slot instead of the HDMI there is a slightly noticeable screen tear in games. nothing too bad and it only appears on one screen but most of the time you have to look for it. i've been told it's a hardware limitation so kinda bummed; I might have to switch over to the HDMI but it's not a deal breaker. silly AMD design i actually like the triple dp design better, too bad their cards are top dollar.

thanks for the replies.

it might be a 17, i have two of them on my old Linux box and my server. the computer im getting is coming with a monitor, and i only need 1 monitor for both computers so i dont need them. ill measure them when i get home and see what it is. ill let you know.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Quote Originally Posted by EXCellR8 View Post
    hmm i mean it's possible I'd settle for a slightly smaller screen but that's kinda tiny lol... i had two 19" but one of them shit the bed so I chucked it a few weeks ago...

and sorry dan, I actually installed the 7970 last weekend so i'm using it at the moment. it replaced a 1GB 5870, which is still a good card, but sort of irrelevant now. spent an extra 60 bucks on active mini-dp adapters to use the eyefinity so this video setup basically cost me around $370. works great for the most part no issue w the drivers but since i'm using the one DVI slot instead of the HDMI there is a slightly noticeable screen tear in games. nothing too bad and it only appears on one screen but most of the time you have to look for it. i've been told it's a hardware limitation so kinda bummed; I might have to switch over to the HDMI but it's not a deal breaker. silly AMD design i actually like the triple dp design better, too bad their cards are top dollar.

thanks for the replies.
    So what does that mean?

You want the twinfrzr back?

no no, heh nearly forgot about that card. i'm gonna keep the 7970 installed like it is and deal with the small issue. i was just rambling on about the nvidia cards which have the three display ports vs. amd--except i forgot to state that lol

Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt View Post
    it might be a 17, i have two of them on my old Linux box and my server. the computer im getting is coming with a monitor, and i only need 1 monitor for both computers so i dont need them. ill measure them when i get home and see what it is. ill let you know.
    thx lmk

i have a 19 that's sitting in the corner, NEC 1970vx.
    • thinkmad

eh they are both 15s....have no need for em though if interested i know they are small but let me know