Join Today
    Thats Mr. Cage to you

Are you an introvert?

this almost describes me to a tee

Yup, same here. It's funny how people think you're shy or w/e just because you don't want to converse about the local sporting events or some new IQ-siphoning reality show.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    I can be social when i need to be, but deep down im just thinking how much i cant wait to get the fuck out of there lmao . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrax View Post
    Yup, same here. It's funny how people think you're shy or w/e just because you don't want to converse about the local sporting events or some new IQ-siphoning reality show.
    I'm caught in the middle between the 2. Grew up around 4 other brothers and have always had someone to talk to or had always someone to socialize with. Then the other side of me does like to go out and have fun here and there. Before you know it, I need a day or 2 to myself and just chill then process repeat. Its a tough balance to have especially growing up in my circumstances, and then being cut out of the shitty ex's life and now, its just me and my parents and the youngest brother here still at home. The older bro is married with a kid on the way and doing house renovations and I help him when I can, the next younger is in the navy stationed in washington state, and the other younger is out working and living with some roommates.

Being by myself right now is the roughest part since that shitty break up. The emotional scars still linger here and there but I am fine. But yeah, that's my largest struggle is learning to be by myself and do shit by myself (go to the movies, out to dinner or anything like that) without feeling the need of having someone else around (which growing up, I've got a natural urge just to talk to people). I've got some friends but its the same shit different week. Its either go to a bar or house party's and drinking. OR my biggest pet peeve, I'll invite some people out for a little social get together just to get shit on and no one responds, shows up, even bothers to tell me they are busy or anything like that. Some of the people I know are just pieces of shit that don't know how to use cell phones apparently. I actually wanna slow down on the alcohol and haven't hit the bottle in a week and a half now. All my best family friends are pretty busy with their own lives and so forth. I still go out fishing/metal detecting with one of my closer best friends. I'd just like to expand my horizons on doing different shit. Anyone else struggle with what I am going through? Being by yourself yet have the feeling of needing someone to talk to?
    Car: 1985 Firebird (1/4 Best: 12.5 @ 109)
    Gamer Tags:
    Steam: ducKy or calducky@hotmail.com
    EA BF3: ducKstaz
    Ps3: cmm2k5

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by cmm2k5 View Post
    I'm caught in the middle between the 2. Grew up around 4 other brothers and have always had someone to talk to or had always someone to socialize with. Then the other side of me does like to go out and have fun here and there. Before you know it, I need a day or 2 to myself and just chill then process repeat. Its a tough balance to have especially growing up in my circumstances, and then being cut out of the shitty ex's life and now, its just me and my parents and the youngest brother here still at home. The older bro is married with a kid on the way and doing house renovations and I help him when I can, the next younger is in the navy stationed in washington state, and the other younger is out working and living with some roommates.

Being by myself right now is the roughest part since that shitty break up. The emotional scars still linger here and there but I am fine. But yeah, that's my largest struggle is learning to be by myself and do shit by myself (go to the movies, out to dinner or anything like that) without feeling the need of having someone else around (which growing up, I've got a natural urge just to talk to people). I've got some friends but its the same shit different week. Its either go to a bar or house party's and drinking. OR my biggest pet peeve, I'll invite some people out for a little social get together just to get shit on and no one responds, shows up, even bothers to tell me they are busy or anything like that. Some of the people I know are just pieces of shit that don't know how to use cell phones apparently. I actually wanna slow down on the alcohol and haven't hit the bottle in a week and a half now. All my best family friends are pretty busy with their own lives and so forth. I still go out fishing/metal detecting with one of my closer best friends. I'd just like to expand my horizons on doing different shit. Anyone else struggle with what I am going through? Being by yourself yet have the feeling of needing someone to talk to?
    your an extrovert dude . . no doubt about it. Your just going through hard times man.

I write music to keep my mind focused, or play video games. . its fairly easy for me to keep myself entertained. Sounds like you just have shitty friends, or friends who dont have a lot of room for you in their lives. You may just need to go out and surround yourself with better people, and maybe be a little more selective of what type of people you surround urself with ya know?

I could be wayyyy off base with that too. . i dunno lol . .

Thats Mr. Cage to you

Top ten myths about introverts

Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.
    This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
    Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.

Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.
    Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

Myth #4 – Introverts don’t like people.
    On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.

Myth #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public.
    Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.

Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
    Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.

Myth #7 – Introverts are weird.
    Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.
    Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth #9 – Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
    Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.

Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
    Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
    your an extrovert dude . . no doubt about it. Your just going through hard times man.

I write music to keep my mind focused, or play video games. . its fairly easy for me to keep myself entertained. Sounds like you just have shitty friends, or friends who dont have a lot of room for you in their lives. You may just need to go out and surround yourself with better people, and maybe be a little more selective of what type of people you surround urself with ya know?

I could be wayyyy off base with that too. . i dunno lol . .
    No cage, you're not way off. Going through hard times is about spot on, not as bad as you'd think but it affects me. I think that's what I need to do. I just need to find better people around my age or older (25) to hang out with. I just hang around with the wrong type of people. Either younger, delinquent, people with no direction in life, or burnouts etc. I need to start surrounding myself with better people. Some of my old co workers kind of fall into that category but they are good people and company. I just need to find people "who fit me". I would hang out with some of my best friends when I can who "fit me" but life gets in the way. The part that kind of bothers me is all of them now are either married and or have girlfriends. When I get invited out to bon fires and they are all with their significant others, it stirs up emotions in me. I just gotta get over that shit and say fuck it with a lot of shit in my life.
    Car: 1985 Firebird (1/4 Best: 12.5 @ 109)
    Gamer Tags:
    Steam: ducKy or calducky@hotmail.com
    EA BF3: ducKstaz
    Ps3: cmm2k5

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by cmm2k5 View Post
    No cage, you're not way off. Going through hard times is about spot on, not as bad as you'd think but it affects me. I think that's what I need to do. I just need to find better people around my age or older (25) to hang out with. I just hang around with the wrong type of people. Either younger, delinquent, people with no direction in life, or burnouts etc. I need to start surrounding myself with better people. Some of my old co workers kind of fall into that category but they are good people and company. I just need to find people "who fit me". I would hang out with some of my best friends when I can who "fit me" but life gets in the way. The part that kind of bothers me is all of them now are either married and or have girlfriends. When I get invited out to bon fires and they are all with their significant others, it stirs up emotions in me. I just gotta get over that shit and say fuck it with a lot of shit in my life.
    werd man, kind of sounds like you know and understand whats keeping you down. . now its just up to you to shake it off and put plan into action.

Most unhappy people are unhappy because they do nothing to change their situation even though they realize change is needed. Don't beat yourself up man. In 2010 when i had 3 friends commit suicide, and a cousin die from an accidental overdose, i was in the same spot you are. One day i snapped out of it and said to myself, "its time to climb out of this hole". Hang in there man, shits always bad before it gets good.

I think I may be introverted. The myth list describes me very well. I get called weird often when I am around people I don't know well or share interests with. I would rather listen and grok the subject then inject myself into a conversation I know nothing about. Drinking helps, no one really bothers you when you're 3 or 4 beers down. Lets you sink and analyze the conversation without as many awkward eye contacts. If by any chance something I like comes up: I'll try to keep on it, ask more detailed questions and get really excited. my voice will go higher and I'll speak much faster.

I fucking loathe 99% of the people I interact with. Doesn't mean I'm an introvert. More like an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post
    I fucking loathe 99% of the people I interact with. Doesn't mean I'm an introvert. More like an asshole.

You're quite the dribbling prick if you ask me.
    aka - Annihilia

Am I a dribbling prick?

i too am an asshole..
    plus i dont want to waste my sweet sweet energy juice.
    AKA Enigma