Join Today

DayZ Standalone Game Coming Soon

Well it's officially happening... the success of the now highly popular DayZ mod for ArmA II has developer Bohemia Interactive to start on a full standalone installment of DayZ.

That’s right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.
    This is coming straight from the game's development blog and from Dean Hall himself. Personally I would much rather see a standalone game, preferably using Steam servers, over another installment of the mod using the next ArmA game. It's already been stated that the mod could easily be ported over but this way they can do whatever they want. Thoughts?
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    I missed the bus on the current day z . . . when this comes out, ill probably snag it up and give it a go

Yea I don't play DayZ right now but I have been following. I heard it will be similar to minecraft as far as alpha and beta having a massively discounted price, which is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by GimPy™ View Post
    Yea I don't play DayZ right now but I have been following. I heard it will be similar to minecraft as far as alpha and beta having a massively discounted price, which is a bonus.
    ya i havent been playing either...dont want to buy it and do the mod even though its prolly pretty easy......but if it comes standalone i might pick it up. id def pick it up if it goes to Xbox
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt View Post
    ya i havent been playing either...dont want to buy it and do the mod even though its prolly pretty easy......but if it comes standalone i might pick it up. id def pick it up if it goes to Xbox
    this.
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: hate u dan
    zedron: HA, Fuck you Dan

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.

if you don't play it youre just missing out on a great game experience. It probably won't be on a home console anytime soon.

I wish I could. I'm on a shit mac.

I'm a bit tired of zombie games, but DayZ is a different take on the premise... and when I first tried it I did enjoy it to some extent. Seemed like it got more annoying with every update and finding a decent server was definitely difficult at times, especially after the spike in popularity. I haven't picked it up in months now and I don't really plan on sitting down to it again. I guess I could get into a standalone if it's a fully polished product and has decent connectivity. I do like the idea of the mod, but it couldn't keep my interest very long.
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport

This game will suck a huge cock on consoles. Just a bunch of 13 year olds running abround being faggot bandits. And Msoft/Sony is going to want some kind of SP game.

But, I guess if they can port Minecraft over. ...