Join Today
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I keep getting the first error listed in the most common errors part.

All the shit is in the addons folder in the @DayZ folder in the right steam app folder.

Is the command you enter "-nosplash-mod=@dayz"?

I can't read that shitty small pixelated crap.

Edit: I got it working.

It's "-nosplash -mod=@dayz" in the launch as dialog box.

i downloaded all of the RAR files from the site it said they all unpack to the addons folder or whatever...

Please download and install all of the mod files to /armadirectory/@dayz/Addons/
    i assume it's the same for steam users...
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport

pretty much. There are only two file types that are in the rar files. just make sure they're in the addons folder and you're good to go. You'll know if it worked if you see "Arma 2 @DayZ " at the menu screen on the right hand side.

and try and stay near the coast until we can get a crew together to have a chance to survive longer.

I'll have to install this tonight, is steam the best place for it?

OMG

"I've been playing since around 1.2, and it really is something else. I have so many crazy stories and experiences from my travels in Chernarus I almost feel like writing a book.

Once, I logged on in the middle of the night. During my previous sessions I had been making my way through the countryside to what I was told was a town ripe for the picking, travelling with a friend who was now fast asleep. I decide to take a shortcut through a small village, which turned out to be a terrible decision - it was full of zombies.

So there I was, being chased along the road by a dozen zombies for what must've been half an hour, when I see a flare in the distance. It looks like it's on the roof of a building, but it's hard to tell from this distance. I stop running for a second to announce that I'm in need of help, during which time I'm struck in the face and start bleeding. Almost immediately I get a reply - "No problem, come on over". Slowly losing blood, I make my way over and find that it is indeed a building (and a pretty big one, at that). I climb a few flights of stairs, but see no entrance to the roof. Frantically searching, I hear a moan. They're catching up. Suddenly, I hear the flick of lighter, followed by a blinding red light - the guy drops a flare down, revealing the ladder that was hiding behind a stack of crates. I'm struck once again while I'm putting away my mostly-empty revolver. My vision darkens as I climb, gunshots echoing as my newfound companion covers my escape.

The gunshots stop as I finally reach the top. I'm safe. He points me towards a pile of ammo and we chat for a bit while he gives me a transfusion. In the first downtime I've had in quite some time, I realize how incredibly hungry and thirsty I am. I ask if he has anything to eat, to which he replies with a laugh, "You too, eh?"

A scream echoes in the distance. Blam. Blamblam. Another scream - no shots this time, though. I look toward the horizon, deeper into the city where I see a figure basking in the faint light of a distant flare. It's another survivor, and it looks like he's in trouble. Without hesitation, my savior whips out he rifle and, after adjusting his zero, takes aim and fires. The shots hit and the zombie goes down, as expected. What we didn't expect, though, was the massive horde that proceeded to sprint through the light towards us. Shit.

We decide that it'd be a waste of resources to try and take them out from all the way over there, so we wait for them to get closer. We manage to pick off a few before they round the corner of the courtyard and escape our line of sight, which uses up the majority of our remaining ammunition. Their cries now louder than ever, we figure they're probably in the building. "We fight to the end!", he says. No disagreements here. While waiting for death to shamble up the stairs, we reminisce about how we first met - oh, it seems like only yesterday! We expend the rest of our ammo on the first few to climb the ladder, though there are many still filing up the stairs.

We back as far away from the entrance as we can and wait. Guns as empty as our stomachs (and my veins), we watch as the first zombie steps floor on the roof. The chat was unusually dead, so it wasn't hard to see the message in my peripheral vision - "Goodbye, battle-brother. We made a hell of a team." I turn my head as he takes a single step and leaps off the edge.

The rest, well, you can probably figure it out."

i feel like i jsut read a movie! lol
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

everyone down for a sesh tonight? dont have to work late so i'm def down for some gangland shit lol

fuck, can't remember my steam email. FML.

Quote Originally Posted by XGRaViSmOrSX View Post
    everyone down for a sesh tonight? dont have to work late so i'm def down for some gangland shit lol
    Ill be down. Ill get my vent server up and we can rock it.

Time frame?

Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    Ill be down. Ill get my vent server up and we can rock it.

Time frame?
    whatever is the best for everyone that's playing. i'm off work at 5 and don't have anything to do tonight so i'll be free whenever.

Yea, I'm free pretty much after 7 or 8.

I still gotta download it but that shouldn't take more then a few min

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Yea, I'm free pretty much after 7 or 8.

I still gotta download it but that shouldn't take more then a few min
    that shits like 20gigs

dammit... should have bought a digi version, cuz i want to try it!!!

lmk when the vent is up tho i gotta get that set up...

Quote Originally Posted by zedron View Post
    that shits like 20gigs
    20gbs...hot damn.

Gonna have to put it on my Mechanical Drive then.

take like 40min then

yea one of my coworkers plays the game and he said it takes forever to install... 20GB is pretty serious even for a PC game.

the non steam version and the steam version both work with the same servers right, it's just gamespy?

Quote Originally Posted by EXCellR8 View Post
    yea one of my coworkers plays the game and he said it takes forever to install... 20GB is pretty serious even for a PC game.

the non steam version and the steam version both work with the same servers right, it's just gamespy?
    Im pretty sure they do. I havent seen anything that states otherwise.