Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thats Mr. Cage to you

bought me a little gas saver today. . .

UPDATED PICS

Last edited by Cage; 03-24-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Hyundai has come a long way. Post some pics of your car when you get a chance.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    $400/wk in gas?
    I was literally spending 20 bucks a day in gas

work is 25 miles one way, 250 miles a week. . . 400.00 /mo in gas . . it was like having a car payment in gas alone.

Noooo take it back and wait for the turbo. It's supposed to get 27/38 city/highway @201hp

Looks pretty cool. How much power does it have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post

work is 25 miles one way, 250 miles a week. . . 400.00 /mo in gas . . it was like having a car payment in gas alone.
    Big difference in 400 a month and 400 a week homie.
    2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan -- Daily
    1999 Honda Civic Si -- 6165 powered/H2B
    2008 Chevy Silverado -- Toy Hauler

thtas about what i do 250 a week. my tank is only 50-60 to fill though so im at the 250-300 range in gas.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Congrats, yea the Forte did not look that great (I ended up buying the Optima) but your price the Veloster is a good choice. Does it have 140hp? I can't remember. I test drove the Sonata and was actually disappointed with what you got for the money,... but could have been the dealership.

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkntkn View Post
    Big difference in 400 a month and 400 a week homie.
    ooops . . .typo. .

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by sfd View Post
    Noooo take it back and wait for the turbo. It's supposed to get 27/38 city/highway @201hp
    the turbo version is supposed to get 177 hp according to everything i have read

ARK is developing a turbo kit for the car with expected numbers to be around 210 hp.

but honestly, im not looking for speed at all. . I have a motorcycle for that. Its strictly a gas saver

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by smkm1023 View Post
    Congrats, yea the Forte did not look that great (I ended up buying the Optima) but your price the Veloster is a good choice. Does it have 140hp? I can't remember. I test drove the Sonata and was actually disappointed with what you got for the money,... but could have been the dealership.
    its 138, and only like 128 ft tq

its not very fast at all, and honestly, kinda sluggish coming out of first. 0-60 on it is like 8.8 seconds lol

but its fun to drive, handles nice, quiet inside the car, and the interior, options, and fuel mileage is really where this car shines, not so much the performance

Damn, it pays to work 5 miles from home.

Nice pick up. Probably coolest hatch out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Paying for gas to get to work
    i hope im in this boat with you here shortly..... i applied for a job that would get a company truck and get to drive it home.......did good on the interview and ish...just waiting to hear back :crossing fingers:
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Thats Mr. Cage to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Paying for gas to get to work
    i have a take home vehicle, but after 100k miles they auction them off and they havent bought me a replacement vehicle yet.

Ive been using my personal vehicle to run out to a precinct, then i pick up a loaner van from there. But what they give me for mileage dont really cover shit . . i use that money to pretty much eat out every day lol.

hopefully by sep, october there will be funding to buy me a new work van. But the state keeps pulling money from us so i cant really blame the sheriffs office

i just needed something that was better on gas, and my truck was getting pretty beat up anyway from pulling my boat.

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    Stealth uses the bus.
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: hate u dan
    zedron: HA, Fuck you Dan

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.

the turbo version is supposed to get 177 hp according to everything i have read

ARK is developing a turbo kit for the car with expected numbers to be around 210 hp.

but honestly, im not looking for speed at all. . I have a motorcycle for that. Its strictly a gas saver
    as long as you got what you wanted. Hyundai's website claims 201hp for the turbo.

I actually like the way that looks. I might consider that as an alternative to a gti when if I decide to get a new car later this year. GTI's are just too expensive :-(. This car looks good in person too.