Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Guns

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    nice work on the turn down
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: hate u dan
    zedron: HA, Fuck you Dan

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.

Thanks. The metal used to manufacture these guns is very difficult to work with to say the least. I cannot anneal it before machining, and every component of the gun is triple hardened 4140 steel. It ranks in the 90+ range on the rockwell hardness scale which basically means you cant drill it without cobalt or pure carbide. Both of those are extremely brittle so the drilling setup you use must be completely stable or you will fracture the bits. I actually broke two 50$ end mills that were made of cobalt vanadium on my home drill press before bringing the thing to work to use the bridgeport mill that they have.

I have some more photos where I actually smoothed out the weld on the bolt handle with a laser and polished alot more. Also - I cut the scope mount down by several inches and laser welded it back together. The bolt barely slides under the scope now when I cycle it.

AR15.jpg

Almost done with the PSA AR15. Everything is assembled. I am still trying to finish the muzzle brake. May happen this week. Anyways, it has a Magpul front end with the vertical grip and rails. Burris fullfield 3-9x40 and a bushnell TRS-25 red dot. I also got an oversized charging handle since the milspec doesnt really work with a scope over the handle. It was too small, I couldnt grip it at all with the scope in the way.

Mods to complete to finish the build are; Custom muzzle brake, lower scope rings, folding bipod, maybe some back up iron sights, although I have no idea how I am going to mount them. Probably a sling to finish off the build.

What do you guys think of how I cut the front irons off? I think I may need to cut them down more and really smooth it out. I blued it with some cold blue from brownell's that my buddy had laying around.

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    personally would have went with the rail mounted gasblock instead of taking off the front sight. reason being is the Magpul handguard uses the top slot to vent heat instead of rail mounts. Aslo seems like you need a more forward style scope, either that or move the rear scope mount more forward on the tube. i dont know how you plan to run BUIS, as your scope doesnt give you see through capabilities (unless you decide to upgrade to quick change)... maybe mount them canted.

i still personally dont like how high the RDS is, thats some height over bore. other wise it looks good.
    "bro, if there's one thing ill make sure of, is that im the commander and chief in the bedroom" -Steven Siegler

zedron: Why I am strapped wherever I go. I had a Mexican lawn guy pull a machete on me at a gas station. He got shot in the leg.

I will probably take the rail that is on top of the foregrip off. I just had it on to see if it might be possible to mount an iron sight to it, but it sits too high. I cut down the front iron sight just to see how it looked, I do not like the look of the gas blocks with rails, but, I will probably end up having to use them. There are those 45 degree offset rail adapters that may work with a magpul ironsight mounted to the 10 oclock position on the magpul foregrip. It looks like it sits too low though. I am going to be dropping the entire scope/RDS by a good half inch with the new scope rings, however, where they are positioned, they are very comfortable..for me anyways. Keep in mind, I am sort of a big guy.

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    lol Im 6'0 and fat. the main thing you want to remember is keeping proper cheek weld. you can roll out easier than lift and keep cheek weld.

Hah, well I have about half a foot on you Pun. I replaced the rings with new ones that are much higher quality. Locking hex nut to hold on the rail, six alan bolts on each ring. They are also low, they barely fit my scope they are so low. With the red dot on top, I can keep my jaw firmly mounted against the stock while aiming. When aiming through the scope, it feels like I am resting my head on the stock. My shoulder sort of gets it the way, but it is comfortable. and I did take that top rail off the foregrip.

Just need some back up irons, bipod, and maybe a laser for the front, then it is done.

Been spending all my moneys on road racing, nothing new since *** days.

/\ LOL at the word filter...

I just picked up my first shotgun. Its a Browning 12ga pump built by Stevens. Its in meh condition, could use some polishing and fresh bluing and oil, but, the action feels really solid and there really isnt any damage on it. 115$ for it. Early 1900s with that goofy stepped receiver that brownings used to have.

**So its a stevens Ranger model 520 12ga.

2012-11-09_22-43-08_56.jpg

1918 Stevens 520 12gauge cut down to a 19in barrel. I am going to make a grip with no stock on it and buy the ww1 heatshield/bayonet attachment.

Thinking of buying a cz858 "Canadian"

jym5m.jpg

Thoughts?

What is that chambered in Gimpy?

Should have guessed that. Evil looking gun, must be chambered in an evil caliber... A damn good caliber that is. I shot a mini 14 with a folding stock chambered in that a few months ago... it was nuts... and awesome.

Wow that is nice. Every gun you mention gets added to my list lol.

Found out that there is a non-restricted(Canaduh) model of the VZ-58 with a chrome lined barrel available in early 2013. So I'll be waiting until then to make my first firearm purchase.

Also.....want:

Thoughts?
    Last edited by GimPy™; 12-28-2012 at 12:10 PM.

GunSlingerTequilaDrinker
    with the way ammo is right now (not sure if the panic buying effects canada), do it

You think the barrel insert would affect the accuracy?

Oh and I'm scrapping the CZ-858 with the "Canadian" furniture. There's a beaver barf "VZ-58" coming to Canada with a chrome lined barrel in March. Worth the wait I think.
    Last edited by GimPy™; 01-02-2013 at 11:22 AM.