Join Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Project Stacy

This makes me want to buy a 4runner. I've been thinking about getting a 2000s Cherokee as I've never done any off roading but been very interested lately.

Quote Originally Posted by sfd View Post
    This makes me want to buy a 4runner. I've been thinking about getting a 2000s Cherokee as I've never done any off roading but been very interested lately.
    just depends on what you want man. ive never dealt with Cherokee's at all really just Wranglers. a 4runner would def be comparable to Cherokee status. only difference is Cherokee comes with a Solid Axle up front where as a 4runner has IFS. but then you have the Toyota reliability and easiness behind it. they are so stupid easy to work on and most of the time its pretty dang cheap as well. i guess it just depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. but ill tell ya man, im open diff have a pretty cheap lift kit on mine and i have 207k miles on it....ive climbed things i never would have thought i could climb, 4runners are just beasts man! DOOO EETTTT!

anyway...got a call from a buddy saying a present just came in.
    2rwLwa2FpQ-9ozv8ohLusovZTSA0BT08DgYbz2Gmfko.jpgSh1g-kXYNkva1ohiarmRqQWP8aAn0HeSDXHBfTVVL6U.jpg

took friday off, my dad is gonna take some stuff off his truck to get it resprayed, and we will coat this bad boy in bedliner (im also going to do the rear bumper to get rid of Chrome on it) if its warm enough it will dry fast enough to put it on that same day! super fucking stoked! the bigger light holes will be blank and so will the winch holes...for now. it will be a bit later before i buy those. lights prolly first.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Truck is looking really nice. I like the rack and those bumpers are going to look pretty sick. Hopefully, I can get some work done on my GTi soon. With starting a new job and trying to sell my house, money and time has not been on my side.

thanks man!

i actually ended up ordering some lights for the bumper...i ordered two sets by mistake...will either return them or mount them to the roof rack as well..i havent decided yet.

and hey starting a new job and moving....thats busy work man! time and money will come search the forums for free mods to do as well. i have found a ton of stuff i can do for a few bucks here and there. example, like 8 bucks i can do a rear diff breather. imma do it i just keep forgetting to order the parts for it. but i know how ya feel. for me its time to actually go off roading. i normally run back ways in the arroyos going to my parents for a bit of fun, but really off roading its hard to find time cuz the wife doesnt like to take our daughter yet. :shrug: time will be back soon!
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

thanks man!

i actually ended up ordering some lights for the bumper...i ordered two sets by mistake...will either return them or mount them to the roof rack as well..i havent decided yet.

and hey starting a new job and moving....thats busy work man! time and money will come search the forums for free mods to do as well. i have found a ton of stuff i can do for a few bucks here and there. example, like 8 bucks i can do a rear diff breather. imma do it i just keep forgetting to order the parts for it. but i know how ya feel. for me its time to actually go off roading. i normally run back ways in the arroyos going to my parents for a bit of fun, but really off roading its hard to find time cuz the wife doesnt like to take our daughter yet. :shrug: time will be back soon!

I have been trying to buy new suspension for the car since last October:
    Had the money in October (House got robbed, suspension money went to deductable).
    Had the money in November (Busted fuel pump housing replacing the fuel filter, had to pay a shop to help me with that one).
    December/January - Christmas
    February/March - Registration and insurance

I have the money now with my tax refund and vacation pay from my last job, but I just had a buyer bail, due to the inspection report saying my house needs $30K in repairs (new roof, exterior siding, and new plumbing). Since the buyer bailed before giving me a chance to respond, and the buyers agent wont send the inspection, something sure don't smell right.

Getting the roof and plumbing checked out next week, as I have another offer on the table. Anyway, enough rambling about poor old me, maybe this weekend I'll get some time to replace the rear hatch struts, change the oil, and give it a good wax, since I got a lot of the crap off the paint, with some compound stuff and a couple of clay bars.

ya man something smells fishy about that bullshit! usually they let you see the inspection that they run! shady ass realtor they got there!
    i hope the next offer is better and works out for ya. but this is why im so freaking nervous to sell our place now and get another one at the same time :/

but ya man little things like waxing will make all the difference in the world! even pull the seats out and what not to shampoo the carpets....didnt you just buy new seats actually?

all loaded up to head out to my dads...gonna spray the new front bumper, the stock back bumper, my wifes rear bumper for her tacoma to get rid of the chrome so she is all blacked out. plus my dad is doing his bumper and a few parts.....then might hook up some lights on my truck depending on time!!

if i get the bumper dried (hoping for sunshine and warm weather, if not that shit takes DAYS to dry) and loaded up today expect pictures

well got the bumper sprayed bumper but it was not dry so not sure when ill be able to put it in. but first chance i get i will for sure.

got my lights wired up on the top, cut out the wind defusser with a whole saw...came out pretty nice i think.
    20130329_140102.jpg
    20130329_163053.jpg

dunno why its sideways

and PS random...but i was worried about those lights for being only $50 bucks a pair.....they are freaking bright as hell. Westin did a great job. they are way brighter than my headlights thats for sure. usually cheaper lights are not that bright at all.
    Last edited by civcmatt; 04-05-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Looking good. I am having problems with the headlights on the gti. I was able to fix the highbeams by relaying both the high and low beams, but the low beams are still pretty dim. Going to try picking up a new set of bulbs, any recommendations?

I would start with new bulbs for sure. Might just be shitty ones in there. After that honestly prolly looking at different lights to replace them or HID kits. I can't really see the relay causing dimming, wiring is kinda one of those things it works or it doesn't.

Only other thing I can think of is if the alternator isn't charging right and your bat is really low, but you should be able to tell from that.

20130412_081137.jpg

uh oh!......tomorrow! super stoked

Looking forward to the pics!

Here ya go got it on and lights installed. need to fix the turn signals they are shorting out somewhere so need to figure out what i messed up on it. let me know what you think.

DSC_0175.jpgDSC_0181.jpgDSC_0183.jpgDSC_0185.jpgDSC_0189.jpgDSC_0192.jpgDSC_0201.jpg

had a little fun in the puddle yesterday on the way home from a BBQ event. Went to it and found out it was much deeper than I thought. Hit a rut and sunk up to just under the doors. The puddle almost won, but I just dropped 4wheel low and rocked it moving the wheel back and forth and came out of it moving sideways.
    Puddle-0 Toyota-1
    20130706_184311.jpg
    20130706_184339-1.jpg

fixed up the old/new emblem....old 70s FJ40 emblem redone and put on my grille
    IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0087.jpg

Its funny how that emblem makes the truck look older.

you have a twin in phoenix btw. The owner of a bar called spokes has a similar 4runner. Was bugging me where I had seen his truck before lol.

ya it really does make it look a lot older.....but not long ago the 4runners had Toyota in the front instead of the Toyota logo....they should have stuck with it!

haha really? at least its not in my town haha!

They still have the stock front bumper, but the rims are similar. Even has the rear TRD sticker.

I prefer the old logo over the current symbol on 3rd Gen; I wish I bought a 3rd Gen instead of the 4th Gen.
    Last edited by 91integrs; 10-01-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Everyone has my wheels haha! They were free from my dad so I can't be picky but Ya everyone has them.

I almost bought a 4th Gen a white one, but backed out and decided on a 3rd....i am thankful everyday that something told me not to...... I'd rock a 5th Gen no questions though! Not to say I don't like 4th gens, but I really like the boxer nessus and the 5apd
    Last edited by civcmatt; 10-02-2013 at 08:33 PM.