Join Today
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project Stacy

I saw a white 4runner in your body style with a similar roof rack. It looked pretty nice. My roof is all dented to shit from the previous owner; probably due to that big hail storm we had here a couple of years ago. Are those racks universal?

so worked my ass off this week and got myself a 3 day weekend....while my daughter was napping today i decided to put together my rack and throw it up there. came out pretty good, i like it....i think its a lil small for a 33in tire to go up there but thats okay, itll be good to hold some extra gas cans, a shovel mount and hi-lift up there. itll be a bit for the body lift cuz i gotta get some time to go to my dads so i can use his hi-lift to lift the body.

but here is the rack..... and thats the wifes truck in the back ground.
    2012-05-04_15-39-32_446.jpg
    2012-05-04_15-42-12_473.jpg
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

ordered a few new parts for the truck.
    for fathers day wife got me some sliders with a kick out. (website said 3-4 weeks to ship) figured id order them and have them in a few weeks after fathers day.....got them 3 days later. :shrug:
    Sliders.jpg

they are bare metal, I will Rhino line them so they are grippy and protected from rocks pretty well. the liner usually lasts a year or so with heavy use.

also ordered a set of LED lights to go in the instrument cluster and replace the burnt out bulb in the HVAC control unit. im debating weather or not to get these LED dome light replacements, it replaces the map lights, dome light and the rear door light with a cluster of like 15-25 LED lights in each light.

now i have a nice little list of stuff to do.
    install the LEDs easy peasy
    gonna have to take the sliders to my parents house and spray them with the bed liner with a few coats and then let it dry for the 24 hours.
    install the body lift
    prolly remove the rear hitch so it doesnt have a retarded gap
    figure out how to route the exhaust so its tucked still and doesnt have a gap of 2inches.
    figure out how to get the welder working my dad has (power and such) and then cut and adjust the sliders to the position i want them and have fun with my second time welding in my life to weld them onto the frame
    then breaks, and fix my reverse light on my truck
    Last edited by civcmatt; 06-06-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Man i need sliders pretty badly.
    My trucks in need of some major work in the near future. I gotta deal with some fender rust, going to have to cut that out and i figure im going to rhino line the bottom half of my truck. Solid axle is also really needed now as my front diff shit the bed, and i refuse to drop any sort of serious money on the independent front end. I gotta take a closer look though, I may be able to fix the issue yet.

Sorry to thread jack, just venting lol. your truck looks good though, I wish mine was that mint.

eh its no thread jack i dont care haha. i agree with you if i had to do some major IFS work and it was over half the cost to SAS......id just SAS and get it over with. i dont really NEED my truck at all so it can sit there while i put it together. i seriously drive it a quarter to half a mile a day.

might have just talked the wife into new rear shocks. (front struts are still a lil pricey but ill need longer ones soon. but she needs a new rear shock and Pro Comp is doing a buy 3 get one free deal, get her 2 new rear shocks and get myself some as well for only 40 bucks. extend out the rear travel almost 2.5 inches....not bad. and then ill get her either Hot Pink shock boots or Royal blue ones to match her truck. LOL.

just picked up the sliders though, i didnt realize that it came with bolt on brac for the part to the frame, i just have to weld on the tube to it but thatll make it easier. just tac weld it on and pull it from under the truck and finish the weld, spray the entire thing in bed liner and drill some holes in my frame and bolt that mother on and good to go! im stoked! now just have to find some time. in between the work travels i have :(
    Last edited by civcmatt; 06-06-2012 at 06:31 PM.

I don't know if your interior lighting is as bad as the 4th Gen 4runner, but I would recommend doing it. I regret not doing mine when I had to replace the HVAC bulbs that burned out. I have seen a few DYI write ups on t4r.org and the results look pretty good. Here is a couple of examples:
    http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ghts-leds.html
    http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...assifieds.html
    http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...-lighting.html

the second link is something i MAY order it looks pretty awesome. they have kits that replace your map lights, the dome light, and the cargo light for like $35 and it looks awesome!!!!

the last link, the Blue LEDs, those are sitting on my kitchen table right now actually. cept i did white for the glove box.

Nevermind, found it.
    Last edited by 91integrs; 06-08-2012 at 11:22 AM.

http://www.pfranleds.com/4runner-interior-kit-3rd-gen/

this is the one im thinking about getting. the guy on the forum also sells them but if you arent a member it can be a pain in the ass.

oh and if you want to do the interior lights i ordered mine off http://www.superbrightleds.com/

these are the bulbs you need.
    -3 #194 bulbs for backlighting
    -2 #74 bulbs for signal arrows
    -1 #74 bulb for heating controls
    -1 #74 bulb Trans lever
    -1 #74 bulb ignition halo
    -1 #74 bulb ECT light
    -1 #74 bulb 4WD light
    -1 #74 bulb ash tray (white)
    -1 #74 bulb glove box (white)
    -3 Neo-wedge bulbs A/C, Rear Window, Defrost swithes
    -2 Soldered in LEDs window switch, ECT Button
    -1 #74 bulb cigarette halo (needs cutting & soldering)

just remember that some of the bulbs you may not need. for example i dont need the Trans lever because im 5Spd. also dont need the ECT because im 5spd. so just keep that in mind.
    i ordered 3 #194 bulbs, and 4 #74 bulbs and with shipping was 27 bucks. not bad
    Last edited by civcmatt; 06-08-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks Dude. Next month, I might just order the interior kit from http://www.pfranleds.com/4runner-interior-kit-4th-gen/

I signed up on t4r.org last week, but I would rather not go through that guy.

dang 50 bucks for the 4th Gen vs the 35 for the 3rd gen....ouch!

The 4th Gen has a light for each door that is included the $50 package. I assume the 3rd Gen doesn't have these lights, which would expalin the price difference.

oh ya that would make the difference for sure.

so did the LED swap in the dash. i didnt get to take a picture before since it was light outside but here is someone elses stock 4runner dash lights and basically what they look like. t5sygg.jpg

switched out the dash lights, heater control lights, the halo around the key ring, and i had 2 white bulbs left so i swapped out the turn signals
    here are the turn signals, they are REALLY bright!
    2012-06-16_17-35-45_257.jpg
    2012-06-16_22-18-24_213.jpg
    2012-06-16_22-18-31_134.jpg
    2012-06-16_22-18-55_568.jpg

overall im pretty happy with the results. i wanna change out a few more little things like that AC light, the rear window light, and then the interior lights.

and here is the big part of my fathers day present. now i just have to get up to my dads and install my body lift so i can weld up my sliders and prep for spray.
    2012-06-06_21-15-38_994.jpg
    Last edited by civcmatt; 06-17-2012 at 10:46 AM.

got a chance to install the body lift yesterday. came out just like i wanted, and fixed exactly what i was hoping for! no more rubbing when flexed, and no rubbing when turning.
    next up is to weld up the sliders.

this is just getting a flex going before the install
    2012-06-24_10-09-08_701.jpg
    jsut before the install about to jack up the body.
    2012-06-24_10-53-05_163.jpg
    one side done.
    2012-06-24_13-15-54_26.jpg
    all done, no more hitch for the trailer though
    2012-06-24_17-07-21_366.jpg
    flexing after....still have the stock shocks, the new shocks were the wrong ones, i need to exchange them, damn place sold me the wrong ones.
    2012-06-24_17-26-04_62.jpg
    front flex after, as you can see the back wheel isnt sucked so deep into the fender.
    2012-06-24_17-26-21_735.jpg

only thing that sucks is that i have to get the exhaust fixed cuz its kinda low. dunno if ill wait til i get a new rear bumper or not

that's pretty serious... def needs a snorkel and spare on the hood tho
    Last edited by EXCellR8; 06-25-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport

lol a spare on the hood lol.

those fuckers are 10.5 inches wide, there is NO way i will be able to see over that...actually that spare is bigger cuz i didnt replace it, its 12.5 inches wide. since im higher next time i might go with the 12.5 inches wide again to widen the stance just a lil. not sure though.

snorkel....maybe much later, my goal is to drive through a river.

looking good man, now get those sliders on there!
    how many hours did u put in on the body lift install?

this was my first time doing a body lift on anything. it took me and my dad almost 6 hours. first side was like 4.5 hours, next side was under 2 hours for sure.

all said and done, if we had to do another body lift on a 4runner, we could prolly knock it out in a few hours honestly....now that we know how everything works. removing the hitch and its stuck ass bolts that the 1/2in impact wouldnt remove, and trying to put the shocks on that were wrong, took a total of like 7 hours or so. long ass day.

got the shocks installed. as you can see they are a bit longer which is PERFECT a lil more down travel is what i needed. doesnt look like a ton, but the travel they are 2 inches longer.
    2012-06-29_16-29-32_726.jpg
    and installed.
    2012-06-29_16-24-28_636.jpg