Join Today
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    doesnt that block the AC???? eff not having a direct high power air blast at you on a summers day!

love audi's though
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

I have one of those coiled cords for my radar detector too and after awhile it ends up marking the dash because it does move a little bit. it's more of a subtle polish but it is noticeable. my Fit has the power thingy right at the base of the dash--so now i have it running right up in between panels, so it's perfect and doesn't block anything. could just do the direct wire kit but then u gotta tuck...
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Very nice, unless you are autocrossing is the sports diff really that necessary
    Not entirely sure. I drove a 2012 S4 with the sport diff, but I'm not sure I can really compare the two rides. Very different drives. S4 was a smoother ride overall, quick, very nice car and if I had to have 4 doors that would be it, but the S5 was just more fun to drive, IMO. This is my bad weather, winter, long drives car. I'll still be driving the mustang regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Yea, I also got the boost gauge for interior
    What springs or coil-overs are you running? Been trying to decide on something because I want to stay as close to OEM ride comfort as possible. Thinking I'm going to get KW v2s since they are adjustable.

I was considering a vent mount but went with a column mount instead.

H&R Sport Springs on OEM Sport Shocks.

In terms of ride quality, it's definitly a LOT stiffer but not to harsh. I'll probably switch over to coil overs when my shocks start to go.

Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt View Post
    doesnt that block the AC???? eff not having a direct high power air blast at you on a summers day!

love audi's though
    Not really, it actually blows at me when I have the vent open as it's still operational it just doesn't give the option to set the blower up or down.

It looks kinda OEM, I've had a few people ask me if it was stock. The other option would of been like SFD's car with it on the steering but I didn't
    want to have my instruments blocked. I also plan on relocating the V1 there using the dash mount.

DSC08906-vi.jpg

Or I could go hardcore and put it in my rearview

I'd actually prefer the mirror but then I have to relocate the button somewhere.

Some comany sold an adapter that would wire the V1 into your stock dash display and would display on the screen. You could actually use the steering controls
    to mute and adjust the V1. Audi sued the company and they stopped selling it.

mmmmm RS4 how badly i want! haha.

i like that mirror mount its pretty sick!
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

If this wasn't so expensive I would consider it.

http://www.p3cars.com/

I'd probably skip the mount and maybe do something custom like the V1.

My search started with RS4's. Wanted AWD and a V8. Hard to find one with low-miles and no stories.

and RS4s are so freaking expensive. there are only like 2 of them within driving distance to buy one from where i am for sale. still want like 30-40k for em!

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTheWell View Post
    My search started with RS4's. Wanted AWD and a V8. Hard to find one with low-miles and no stories.
    I was hunting an S4 for a long time and almost landed on a 2006 Avant but with everything I heard about the v8 having hit or miss internal problems I had to pass. Then again, the A3/GTI TSI has a long list of issues including one I already had problems with. Guess it doesn't really matter what car you want; you'll always find a list of problems.

Nonetheless I'll trade the A3 for an S5 any day.

I'm very much aware of the carbon build-up issues and glad I'm covered until 2016.

If you have enough money for a rs4 doing a carbon cleaning every year shouldn't be an issue

I'll have to do it on the S5 at some point, I'm sure. No biggie.

It's slightly annoying the problems VW has on their FSI/TSI motors that they won't keep covered (carbon build up, exploding water pumps, all the bad DVs, intake flapper, etc) or just figure out how to recall/replace.

lol german cars... carbon build up? puh-lease.

all that fancy cabin tech doesn't count for much once your motor blows up @ 65k miles
    '95 Civic Sedan + '08 Fit Sport