Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Telescope

Yeah. 8 hours of exposure time over three days over the course of about 3 weeks.

Zed, have you tried capturing the ISS with your scope? I've been obsessed with trying to get a decent picture of it lately. I'm using a nikon P900 which is basically a telescope that takes pictures but it doesn't have to he clarity of a telescope even of its equivalent focal length of 2000mm. You can get several apps that tell you exactly where and when it will be including magnitude. Iv seen some good shots taken by a telescope. I've got a few good silhouettes but not what I want yet.
    PS heres a link to view earth live from the ISS.
    http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

No I haven't. Its too hot down here so my scope time ends during the Summer months where I cant use it for a few reasons. Ill have to look into it though. I know my mount is good enough to track it but I wont be able to use my normal camera with teh scope, ill have to switch over to a video camera like what you would use for planetary.

It's pretty cool when you actually snap it what looks like a star and then zoom the picture and it takes a bit of shape. I've got a few good ones but I know I can get an even better one if I get the perfect shot. It would be awesome to track it with a telescope.