Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh gotcha the whole phone, I thought you were just talking screens.

Metal phones are the ish, HTC nailed that one good!
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

So what do you think Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    So what do you think Dan?
    Ordered a iphone 6+

lol

Lol well that answers that. I was about to as well but I am a bit afraid of the size of the phone not being a good fit for me, my wife has the 5s and I can't reach the entire screen without shifting my hand. It's quite annoying actually. I do want the big screen though, I use it more as a tablet than a phone. I want to play with one before I pull the trigger. Do the apple stores have them for display yet?

Lol well that answers that. I was about to as well but I am a bit afraid of the size of the phone not being a good fit for me, my wife has the 5s and I can't reach the entire screen without shifting my hand. It's quite annoying actually. I do want the big screen though, I use it more as a tablet than a phone. I want to play with one before I pull the trigger. Do the apple stores have them for display yet?
    no, they will be on display this friday.

I based my choice on the cases and the size on the note 3 which is pretty much the same. I had the note 2 for a bit, and I really didn't mind the size at all. It was great for browsing the web and watching videos. I just hated the fact the battery was shit. The 6+ seems to have even better life then the regular 6 so that pretty much sealed it. Plus i'm still rocking a 5, which isn't bad honestly. I do like apple pay though, and seeing as my coin card won't be happening this year at least I can maybe lesson the load with apple pay.

Interesting. That's what I'm thinking. It would be cool to have such a big screen but I dont know where I'd carry such a big phone. The plus is I use my bt to talk almost always so holding a huge phone to my face isn't an issue for me. And yeah battery life is supposed to be like 60% more with the plus which is very good. My wife's 5s lasts the whole day and into the next, my 4s is shit, done by afternoon unless I don't touch it.

My note 2 lasted DAYS! Granted I hated it so I didnt use it, so I can say it had fantastic standby time! hahah. Although the Note 3 I LOVED! bat life was freaking ridiculous! I was in training one day got up at 6am unplugged it, went through training at work, emails phone calls until 4:30, went to the gym streaming music after, video chatted with my daughter for a bit, then went to dinner with a friend using navigation, at about 9 it came up with the 15% warning. at 11pm started heading home, think still had 10%, navigated to the hotel about 20 mins away and it was still powered on when I got back to the hotel and settled in for the night about 11:30-11:45! I have never had a batt in a droid do that ish! Miss that phone.

Anyway my point being that Apple usually drops in good batts with their devices so I am sure the Plus can fit a pretty good similar if not better batt then that!
    97 4Runner 5spd - 3in Toytec suspension lift w/Pro Comp shocks. 2in body lift. 17in dick cepek dc-2. 33in Nitto Terra Graplers. 3in Cat-back. ISR Delete. HREW tubing Rock Sliders. Outdoor Logic front wench bumper

Actually, the only thing that would not want me to get one right now is it probably won't be jailbroken for awhile. It took the iphone 5 almost six months I think before it got done. I fear with this new OS, we will probably be looking at a similar time frame, however we would of probably had it almost right away if it wasn't for the chinese hackers who released it for 7.1.2 with apparently some stolen exploits that were going to be used for iOS8. Oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Actually, the only thing that would not want me to get one right now is it probably won't be jailbroken for awhile. It took the iphone 5 almost six months I think before it got done. I fear with this new OS, we will probably be looking at a similar time frame, however we would of probably had it almost right away if it wasn't for the chinese hackers who released it for 7.1.2 with apparently some stolen exploits that were going to be used for iOS8. Oh well..
    This was my hesitation for preordering the 6...
    In the end, jailbreak is something I can live without. Definitely for a little while, and probably forever if/when they stop releasing jailbreaks.
    I'll use a theme here and there, but just because its available. Pandora downloader and biteSMS are the only two jailbreak apps I really look forward too, and I think stock SMS is close enough to BiteSMS now that I wouldn't miss it all that much.

I cannot believe people stand in line like that for a phone.

I cannot believe people stand in line like that for a phone.

So how do you like it? Good? Any glitches?

So how do you like it? Good? Any glitches?
    It's pretty sick, camera is bar far the best i've seen on a phone. The size is huge, but after a few days you pretty much get used to it. I actually find it easier to use with one hand while typing.
    Battary life is amazing, i'm getting 2 days before needing to charge which is great.

In terms of glitches, i do see some problems but i'm sure a software update will fix. When transitioning from landscape it sometimes gets stuck and you need to reboot the phone. Its only happen twice but still annoying. Not sure what's causing it. Aside from that its been fine.

I really want to hold one I'm a bit worried about the size. I was holding an s5 today which I was very comfortable with. If its not too my h bigger than that it should be fine. How many gigs did you get?

So apparently there's only been 9 returned for bending out of 10 million. How do you find it? Is it all overblown or is it really like that?

So apparently there's only been 9 returned for bending out of 10 million. How do you find it? Is it all overblown or is it really like that?
    http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/26/...ne6-bend-test/

Good vid. That's a bit more scientific than some guy and his thumbs. According to that test the 6 is stronger than the six plus, and in the youtube video the guy could barely bend the 6 at all. I was a bit worried because I keep my phone on a belt clip over my rear pants pocket, and in the car I'm usually leaning right on it. Whatever, if it does bend apple will swap it, but I'm not worried.

I keep my phone in my front pocket all the time.
    Granted I'm in suit pants 90% of my day and when I do switch to jeans they aren't of the skinny variety, but I haven't had any reason to suspect that my phone will start bending.

I also have the 6 not the 6+

How do you like it? I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 6, maybe today. I haven't been to a store to see them yet but i did a cutout from my screen from an actual size and the 6plus is HUGE. It would be great for when you're browsing like at home or something, but Idk about carrying it around everywhere, I couldn't use a belt clip for that size, it would go where? In my pockets? It's just too big, and I really wanted it too. But I think the 6 is more practical.