Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keto

Quote Originally Posted by sfd View Post
    I only have two problems with this diet; the adversity to fruits and salt. Can't say I heard of fat people who have a large portion of fruit in their diet. Plus the salt intake is crazy. I see the claims of helping blood pressure and stuff but what is the science behind salt as a major problem for high blood pressure yet in abundance in this diet being the opposite effect?
    there are a few reasons i'm sure but insulin resistance and the effects it has on your nervous system im sure are a few things that are good and the fact you are eliminating carbs the body can process salt better and get rid of it faster.
    You have less retention of salt even though you are eating more of it. Your body is probably working more efficiently. I dunno.

What Stealth said.

While in Ketosis, the body is super super efficient at eliminating salt. Even though you are eating more sodium rich foods, your body is expelling them at a greater rate.

Hell, I've had to drink some broth a few times because I was cramping so bad.

I've never heard of someone dying because they didn't eat enough fruit. If you love fruit, Keto probably isn't for you.

I rarely eat fruit and love salt and meat so this is why it's almost too good to be true Hell the closest to fruit I came this month is a bag of grapes in my fridge that I picked a few from cause they were falling off the stems.

I do notice i pee a LOT more then I normally do, and it's usually pretty dark pee, so I've been drinking a lot more so its more of a clear color. Now, I'm peeing more because I'm drinking more but it's clear.

I feel keto also helps you retain less water too.

Cool.
    Thanks man.
    I think I saw the reddit one through a google search, just wanted to know if there were any that you guys look to more often.

I would love to give this a try, my only thing is I cannot have anything leafy green like spinach or kale or broccoli due to me being on blood thinners.

What is a good substitute for them?

Why are you on blood thinners?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Quote Originally Posted by D-Atk View Post
    I would love to give this a try, my only thing is I cannot have anything leafy green like spinach or kale or broccoli due to me being on blood thinners.

What is a good substitute for them?
    Bacon

I had blood clot in my brain, caused a stoke back in January 2012 so that's why.

stop carbs and you won't need blood thinners.

I'm not a doctor so don't listen to me.

Stealth, while attempting to be a dickhole, is actually somewhat correct.

Denny, I have NO idea what caused your blood clot, but if it's the cholesterol plaque clot, a Ketogenic diet lowers cholesterol significantly.

Don't listen to idiots who say fats raise cholesterol. There is literally ZERO scientific evidence of the correlation.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/...to_lose_weight

"Low-carb dieters showed no harmful vascular changes, but also on average dropped 10 pounds in 45 days, compared to an equal number of study participants randomly assigned to a low-fat diet. The low-fat group, whose diets consisted of no more than 30 percent from fat and 55 percent from carbs, took on average nearly a month longer, or 70 days, to lose the same amount of weight."
    http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=717819

Here's an abstract linking high Blood Sugar levels and the occurrence of heart disease.

Also, not many people know this, but cholesterol is not formed by eating meat, fatty foods, etc. The body makes cholesterol when it metabolizes glucose. I.E carbs = cholesterol.

The best thing anyone can do to lower their risk of heart disease and other vascular diseases is by cutting carbs and going on high fat moderate protein diet.

I was bad this weekend.

I had a ham and cheese on a hero :-( and rice w/ steak for dinner and a beer
    which put me around 120g of carbs for the day if not higher.

Whatever, it was worth a cheat day.

Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post

Denny, I have NO idea what caused your blood clot, but if it's the cholesterol plaque clot, a Ketogenic diet lowers cholesterol significantly.

Don't listen to idiots who say fats raise cholesterol. There is literally ZERO scientific evidence of the correlation.

Here's an abstract linking high Blood Sugar levels and the occurrence of heart disease.

Also, not many people know this, but cholesterol is not formed by eating meat, fatty foods, etc. The body makes cholesterol when it metabolizes glucose. I.E carbs = cholesterol.

The best thing anyone can do to lower their risk of heart disease and other vascular diseases is by cutting carbs and going on high fat moderate protein diet.
    Thanks for the info Matt, I will use this to my advantage.

My Neurologist said that we may never know exactly what caused the clot, right now one side is completely clear the other side still had some clotting but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post

I don't think anybody really knows what causes cholesterol definitively, I've had high cholesterol since I was in my early 20's, I still have it now. Every time I get a blood test my Dr. tells me I have high cholesterol. Everything else is perfect, just that. Somewhere around 6. The funny thing is, Over the last 15 years, I've changed my diet so drastically, from eat whatever I want, tons of bread, cheese, fried foods, desserts, drink all the time, even smoked for awhile, to complete strict no fat, no carbs, no sugar, no bread, no cheese, no alcohol for years, eating like a bird, excercise, basically just doing everything right, and one thing never ever changed. My cholesterol. Never went up, never went down. On my last visit last week, my doctor basically conceded it's just the amount my body produces regardless of what do about it.

The other thing is I have a lot of the good cholesterol (HDL) which they add or subtract to the total and come out with an average sort of number. It's that number that ultimately matters, so I've always been told not to worry because even though the bad is high, the good is high too and therefore I have a healthy average. This is turning out to be a load of shit too, the latest studies show that there has been no coloration between high HDL and heart disease or anything else cholesterol related. They're finding out that high HDL is only an indicator of risk, and not something that in any way makes you healthier. Just goes to show how little is known.

I think ratio is the big thing, not the actual number.

I don't think anybody really knows what causes cholesterol definitively, I've had high cholesterol since I was in my early 20's, I still have it now. Every time I get a blood test my Dr. tells me I have high cholesterol. Everything else is perfect, just that. Somewhere around 6. The funny thing is, Over the last 15 years, I've changed my diet so drastically, from eat whatever I want, tons of bread, cheese, fried foods, desserts, drink all the time, even smoked for awhile, to complete strict no fat, no carbs, no sugar, no bread, no cheese, no alcohol for years, eating like a bird, excercise, basically just doing everything right, and one thing never ever changed. My cholesterol. Never went up, never went down. On my last visit last week, my doctor basically conceded it's just the amount my body produces regardless of what do about it.

The other thing is I have a lot of the good cholesterol (HDL) which they add or subtract to the total and come out with an average sort of number. It's that number that ultimately matters, so I've always been told not to worry because even though the bad is high, the good is high too and therefore I have a healthy average. This is turning out to be a load of shit too, the latest studies show that there has been no coloration between high HDL and heart disease or anything else cholesterol related. They're finding out that high HDL is only an indicator of risk, and not something that in any way makes you healthier. Just goes to show how little is known.
    This is absolutely true. A ketogenic diet may not reduce cholesterol in someone who has genetically high levels. My dad is like this. He's been on cholesterol medicine for the past 20 years and he is a physical animal. He runs, bikes, and swims a combined 50 or so miles every week along with 3 to 4 days of weight training. He's also been on a pretty strict diet regimin for a long time. Mostly veggies with lean protein and little carbs, other than pre/post workout. Despite his lifestyle and diet, he'd still have insanely high cholesterol if it weren't for the medicine.

Of course, the best advice is to get regular physicals and pass everything through your doc if you can. I know a great deal about diet and exercise, but I'm not even close to being a professional.

Update for June 17th

I never took pics of when I started because frankly I was too embarrassed. I let myself the fuck go. I was getting regular pussy all the time and I didn't put enough energy into being aesthetic. I was on a very dirty bulk. No fucking way I was stepping foot in St Croix looking like a Christmas ham.

Here are some I took on back on May 4th.

This was about a month into Keto. I still looked like a bag of dicks. Fuck.

This was taken today. I'm pleased with my process, but I still have a ways to go.

Leg shot that makes me look about 5'3.

My 36s I was snugly fitting into around April.

I used to look like this. Afghanistan cut.

My workouts have changed some, but this is 99% keto. I took a break from p90 and started an all calisthenics workout. I did a shit load more cardio with P90X and my workouts were twice as long. Fuck that. My workouts are 30-40 mins max if I push myself that day. I haven't picked up a weight in a month.

I get my shit from here if anyone wants to take a look: www.madbarz.com

I honestly don't think I'll ever step foot in a gym again. Probably getting crossfit style squat rack with a pulllup bar/dip attachment when I get back from St Croix.

Anyway, that's my update, If I had to guess I'd say I've dropped like 20lbs or so in two months.

We're all gonna make it brahs.

id still fuck the mcfatty version

All I was able to confirm (which I already most definitely knew) from this thread is that steady pussy is the absolute worst workout supplement ever.